Fine art framing is an essential aspect of showcasing your treasured artwork, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends can help to elevate your pieces even further. As we step into 2023, new and innovative framing styles are emerging, blending the traditional with the contemporary. In this comprehensive guide, we explore the top fine art framing trends for 2023 and provide expert tips for selecting the perfect frame for your artwork.
Sustainable and Eco-friendly Frames
In 2023, sustainability continues to be a significant trend across various industries, including fine art framing. More and more artists and collectors are seeking eco-friendly framing options that not only enhance their artwork but also have a minimal impact on the environment.
Reclaimed Wood Frames: These frames are made from repurposed wood, giving new life to old materials while adding a rustic touch to your artwork.
Bamboo Frames: Bamboo is a fast-growing and renewable resource, making it an eco-friendly choice for framing. Its unique texture and natural hues can complement a wide range of art styles.
FSC Certified Frames: Frames made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified wood ensure that the materials come from responsibly managed forests.
Minimalist Metal Frames
Minimalist metal frames continue to be a popular choice for fine art framing in 2023, providing a sleek and modern aesthetic that complements various art styles. These frames are particularly suited for contemporary artwork, photography, and digital prints.
- Black Metal Frames: A timeless choice, black metal frames offer a sophisticated and versatile look that works well with virtually any artwork.
- Brushed Aluminum Frames: These frames provide a sleek, industrial vibe that pairs beautifully with modern and abstract art.
- Brass and Gold Frames: For a touch of elegance and warmth, brass and gold metal frames can instantly elevate your artwork.
Bold and Colorful Frames
As we move into 2023, bold and colorful frames are gaining popularity in the world of fine art framing. These eye-catching frames can make a statement on their own or enhance the color palette of your artwork.
- Vibrant Hues: Choose frames in bright, bold colors like red, turquoise, or yellow to make your artwork pop.
- Contrasting Colors: Select a frame color that contrasts with the dominant colors in your artwork to create visual interest and draw attention to your piece.
- Color Blocking: Mix and match multiple frame colors for a unique and modern look.
Floating frames have become increasingly popular in recent years and continue to be a sought-after framing trend in 2023. This unique framing style suspends the artwork between two pieces of glass or acrylic, giving the illusion that the art is floating within the frame.
- Frameless Floating: For a truly minimalist look, opt for frameless floating frames that use only the glass or acrylic to hold the artwork in place.
- Slim Profile Floating: Choose a slim profile frame that adds a subtle border around your artwork without overpowering it.
- Shadow Box Floating: Combine the floating technique with a shadow box frame to create depth and dimension.
Choosing the Precise Right Frame for Your Art
- Consider the Artwork: When selecting a frame, take into account the style, colors, and subject matter of your artwork. Choose a frame that enhances the piece without overwhelming it.
- Match Your Décor: The frame should also complement your existing décor, whether it’s modern, traditional, or eclectic. Consider the colors and materials used in your space to ensure a cohesive look.
- Quality Matters: Investing in high-quality materials and craftsmanship will ensure that your artwork is well-protected and looks its best for years to come.
- Consult the Experts: If you’re unsure which framing trend is right for your artwork, consult with a professional framer who can offer guidance and recommendations based on their expertise.
Frame Your Art With Metropolitan Frame Company
At Metropolitan Frame, we are Denver’s premier fine art framing shop, serving some of Colorado’s most prestigious institutions and lending decades of experience to our clientele. Get a better feel for our work here at Metropolitan Frame by viewing our gallery here, or visit our Facebook or Instagram to see more of what we’re up to right now.